A Pictorial Blog of Things I Make,
Items I Collect, Architecture I Love,
and Other Stuff



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Put 'er There: N.Y.C. Bar Coasters of Neat Design

Coaster from the bar of La Bottega, a restaurant at the Maritime Hotel, 363 West 16th Street.

One of a half dozen or so related coaster designs at the Ace Hotel's restaurant Breslin, 16 West 29th Street.

The restaurant is at 218 Lafayette Street; the font is Art Nouveau.

Junior's has a full bar but this scallop-edged coaster is more frequently sandwiched between coffee cup and saucer.

This coaster was designed by Milton Glaser for the restaurant at 11 Madison Avenue.

One version of John Dory Oyster Bar's DayGlo coaster . . .

. . . and the other version.

From Hearth at 403 East 12th Street, my all-time favorite coaster--this rectangular one designed in 2006 by Bob Dahlquist and based on posters that F. G. Cooper made for the U.S. government during World War I.  

5 comments:

  1. I love these! Sixteen zillion and six thanks. And then some. Un abrazo, linda gomez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore disposable/future souvenir coasters. Juniors is a favorite. Don't you simply love the Juniors in Times Square? The patio and signage are divine. I love the Morini cock coaster. How ever did you acquire it?
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really like your post because the information which you given in this blog is really extra ordinary.
    bar coasters

    ReplyDelete