A Pictorial Blog of Things I Make,
Items I Collect, Architecture I Love,
and Other Stuff



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Seventies-Looking N.Y.C. Business Cards

These business cards conjure long-gone disco days but were gathered up by me on present-day peregrinations about New York--including this one from 134 East 62nd Street.




The images on this card are of two hanging hams and a number of sausages.

A triumph in evoking John Denver-era design, this card is for an establishment at 801 Ninth Avenue.



182 Eighth Avenue.


A card for a knitting concern.









What a name! This establishment is at 31-86 37th Street, Astoria, Queens.

Though I grabbed up Elaine's card recently (just before her death), the design dates authentically to the '70s, I do believe. Note the absence of area codes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment