A Pictorial Blog of Things I Make,
Items I Collect, Architecture I Love,
and Other Stuff



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Selections from My Collection of Business Cards in an Autumnal Palette

 For years I have been a dedicated deltiologist--Greek for "nut who collects business cards."

 Once I have harvested a big batch, I sort them out and mount them in books.

 Probably four-fifths of the cards, if not more, are from New York City.

 But I also pick them up from places I visit. The round card above is from a buttonarium in Berlin. (Knopf is German for button.)

 I especially relish the photographic business cards--like the left one on the second row above, from the Stage Deli.
To look at more cards, visit: From My Collection of Business Cards: Green and Greenish Ones & A Salute to Stendhal Via Business Cards & Selections From My Collection of Business Cards: Red Ones for V-Day & From My Collection of Business Cards: Pink and Purply Ones

No comments:

Post a Comment